Wednesday 19 October 2016

F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Forever There For You!

If you are one of the few that haven't watched Friends or don't know what it is, please comment the location of the rock you've been living under so I can roll it off a cliff for you.


It's strange to say Friends had a big impact on me when I was 2 years old when it was first aired on TV, and I was 13 when it finished. So it shouldn't have really been such a big thing but it was and it still is. I'll admit if I'm feeling down or have nothing to watch I will just stream an episode of one of my favourites and with in 20 minutes I'm feeling a lot better.

I think personally I have watched Friends over and over again too many times, but there's something about it that draws you in. You laugh at the same things because no matter how many times you've seen it, it's still funny. You tear up and the same moments because those scenes still touch us the same as it did the first time, because it's timeless. The stories, the characters are still so relatable it's a joy to relive them over and over again.

I have a long list of favourite episodes but because I can't just say I love them all, goodbye. I have compiled a small list of some of my favourite episodes from my big list of favourite episodes.

The One with the Prom Video

This episode is awesome, with Ross still trying to get Rachel but she's like no. Until Monica gets a box of stuff from her parents which holds a video tape of their prom. We then see how Ross was going to stand in as Rachel prom date as hers flaked and as he was coming down the stairs, it's revealed her date did turn up and he's left devastated. We all know what happened next, it makes a huge smile appear on my face every time.


The One in Vegas, Part 1&2

This episode might be one that makes me laugh a lot every time. In part 1 there's another Monica, Chandler and Richard triangle, Joey finds his hand twin, Ross and Rachel look into the physical act of love. Then in part 2 Monica and Chandler make up and leave it in the hands of the dice to see if they should get married and Ross and Rachel do get married.


The One Where Everyone Finds Out

This episode literally just for this moment, I love Ross and when he does this it's hilarious every time. I also love that moment when Phoebe is seducing Chandler it's the best.


The One with the Embryos

This is maybe my favourite out of all, I love the game they play for the apartment and the getting rid of Chick and Rooster and I love the moment Phoebe reveals she's pregnant to her brother and his wife and he screams 'my sisters going to have my baby."


The One with the Rumour

This episode is hilarious but I'm really only there for Brad Pitt.


The Last One - Part 1&2

I hate this episode as well as love it. I hate it because this was it, it was all over but I loved it because it was Friends and at the end they all stayed together. Well Joey went to Hollywood but that's ok.

I love how Monica and Chandler got there babies and the big moment where we also was asking the TV whether Rachel got off the plane, Phoebe with all the unfinished songs and the possibility of knowing her and Mike could go on to having their own family and it not being a family of rats.


In this episode we said goodbye to the Friends. Monica, Rachel, Chandler, Phoebe, Ross and Joey, we also said goodbye to Central Perk, Gunther and the Foosball table, and although it's been over 10 years since that last one, they are always there for who ever wants to relive those moments. 

Can I go and watch them now? PIVOT!



Can you choose your favourite episodes?

No comments:

Post a Comment