Wednesday 21 December 2016

12 Days of Blogmas - Day Nine - How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Now I love watching Elf and I enjoy sitting in front of the TV and watch Home Alone 1 & 2 at Christmas. I can watch The Santa Claus movies, morning noon and night, they're amazing. I love Love Actually, Jingle All The Way and Christmas with the Kranks. Many of my favourite Christmas movies include Arthur Christmas, Surviving Christmas and the Polar Express. 
I even traditionally watch Just Friends every Christmas and I truly believe Die Hard is a Christmas movie, because it is and it's awesome. But there is one Christmas movie that reigns supreme...

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Now I absolutely love this movie, it's the first and only Christmas movie I ever saw in the cinema, my mum took my brother Toby and I to see it and I remember grabbing a Lara Croft movie poster after on my way out, I was 11 and wanted to be her. 


Yesterday I watched The Grinch for the first time this year which is rare as I've usually watched this movie at least 10 times in November. It's just one of those movies that captures everything about Christmas and more and the fact it's all set in a snowflake makes it pretty damn magical. 

That's something I really love about this movie, the thought that a whole world could exist on a small snowflake, something so beautiful and fragile that being the snowflake hold a community of Whos, that was magic for me and it still is. The fact that its a Dr. Seuss plays a huge part, he is genius. The colours, the costumes, the characters everything in this movie is like the most over the top decorated Christmas tree in the world.

Yes the Grinch may be the most scariest looking character to ever grace a Christmas movie but it all turns out good in the end, his heart grows when he realises Christmas isn't about what is in the stores and that Christmas is maybe something a little bit more and upon that realisation he saves Christmas after stealing it and he joins the Whos in their Christmas celebration. Now if that isn't shoving Christmas spirit in your face, I just don't know what is. 

I took a couple of days off Blogmas, days Seven and Eight to be exact. I have been ill so I wanted to just recover and have a couple of days catching up on the true meaning of Christmas, by sitting with Nick and our girls and enjoying Christmas movies because truthfully the Christmas excitement fizzled out a bit over the weekend, and this post was originally supposed to be a list of great Christmas movies but I decided I wanted to give this day of Blogmas solely to The Grinch because no-one should be alone at Christmas.

Well now if I asked the Grinch how he felt about the other months of the year, do you think his answer would be...

'Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. LOATHE ENTIRELY!'

X

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to watch this tonight! I love this film, but nobody I know agrees. Glad someone else appreciates The Grinch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love all the Christmas movies, Christmas would not be the same.

    ReplyDelete