Thursday 15 December 2016

12 Days of Blogmas - Day Three - Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

'Oh, the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, And since we've no place to go, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.' - Bing Crosby

There is something a little magical when that first snow of the year begins to fall in December, it's very peaceful at night as well to watch the snow fall on to the blank white carpet of snow that has already fallen that illuminates the darkness. The first crunch in the fresh fallen snow is a sound you will always remember, the gentle freeze of falling snow on your face being something you'll smile over or when you build the best snowman you can make. Snow is just great. I love it.

Snow is magical, it lights up the dark and brings character to the light. It's one of those things though that you love when it first arrives, you may get sick of it once it freezes and you start to fall onto your butts in public and then you miss it when it goes. That's snow.

'It's just my favourite time of the year, The whole world changes colour. We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.' - Lorelai Gilmore 





























Some of my favourite pictures I've ever taken are of those of snow, everything is covered in white, the area just glows and shines and I think it's so pretty and when you've woke up first thing in the morning and it's all fresh and the only prints in the snow is of the animals that have ventured out into the new day, you don't want to go out in it to disturb the peaceful beauty of it.

'I'll never outgrow the excitement of looking out my window and seeing falling snow.'





























I will always remember this Christmas these photos were taken in, it was the first time in I don't know how many years I had actually seen this amount of snow fall, it was so strange because the day before the snow fell, it was completely clear, it was mild and the sky was clear and the sun made the countryside glow, in it's oranges and reds, then the next day it was white, crisp and cold. It was beautiful.

'A Snowflake is a winters butterfly.' 

That last quote is for Julie, she knows. Haha. 


Do you love snow? Or are you one of those that stay in doors and avoids going out in it as much as possible? 

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha, snowflakes are beautiful, lets hope we get some for christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow but it gets boring pretty quick when I have to get to work (obviously I don't cycle in snow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it snow let it snow let it snow, love the stuff x Loving the snow themed pictures. The people look very familiar lol xx

    ReplyDelete