Monday 5 September 2016

Serendipity. Serendipitous. Oh what a glorious sound.

I love this word and what it means because I do believe in Serendipity, I believe in fate and destiny and how everything happens for a reason. Once or twice finding myself making connections that are not there at a first glance. Mainly because I'm weird but mainly because I want to believe that it's all been predetermined for us to stumble upon and we're not just floating around in this monster of a universe for a no reason at all. I want it to be a series of coincidences that have been linked together to create moments that are only supposed to happen, moments that we only see in movies and the books we read.

I believe the people we meet are people we were destined to meet in our lives, I believe every action we make, every word we say all what we do on a daily basis is adding to the path in front of us. Unknown to us right now but when the time comes we'll get what we've put in.

'If you smile at the world, the world smiles back.'

I read a book once that said if you give off positivity into the spaces and people around us, positivity is given back. If you are a negative person don't be mad if bad things keep happening to you. It works both ways and I like to believe this. 

Serendipity -
            (n.) finding something beautiful without looking for it. A fortunate accident.

As we grow up we believe in 'the one' we read stories where characters find the love of their lives whilst overcoming great obstacles that just don't happen outside of your paperback. Then as you get older you realise to some point that moments like that do happen, they don't happen in the middle of a battle field or anything out of the ordinary but they happen and they take time to happen, instead of the beginning of Chapter 3.

I believe in Serendipity because I have my own story. When I was in school I was not the girl guys liked at all, I was always the friend. All my friends that were girls had boyfriends, had crushes that like them back but me it just didn't happen. I was constantly looking for it and I was constantly being let down and I was getting hurt. It took me until I was 20 to finally tell myself 'STOP!' Stop looking for something that just clearly isn't written in the stars for me. So I focused on me then something happened I came to Cornwall for my 21st birthday and it found me whilst I wasn't even looking.

So if you ask if I believe in Serendipity and fate then my answer will be a big fat YES!

I wonder what would have happened if I carried on the way I was, I may have never have met Nick, I wouldn't be living in the place I've always wanted to call my home. I believe making that change, changed my path leading to the great things that have happened so far.



'The universe is always speaking to us, sending us little messages, causing coincidences and serendipities, reminding us to stop, to look around, to believe in something, something more.'  Nancy Thayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment