Saturday 8 October 2016

If I drink coffee like a Gilmore, Read as much as a Gilmore, Can I be a Gilmore?

'So it's a show?' 'It's a lifestyle,' 'It's a religion.' - Dean, Rory & Lorelai

Gilmore Girls

I love this show and I feel confident to say I join a thousand others and more in this love, it's one of those TV shows that would go in the category Timeless.

'Mom, you've given me everything I need.' - Rory 

It's funny, sweet, heartbreaking. It's tender, it's crazy, even angry inducing. It makes you feel with the characters, you laugh with them, you cry along side them, you get mad with them but above all you love them. When I think about it there's not one character I hate, well maybe one.

'Everything's magical when it snows,' - Lorelai

We have watched Rory grow through school and university, whilst she read countless books. We have witnessed Lorelai fight to be true to herself when it comes to her parents, job and relationships.

'I cannot do this alone, I need my mommy and I don't care who knows it.' - Rory

I first watched Gilmore Girls when I was living at home with just my mum and they were being played on 5 star I think, two on everyday around 5. It didn't even take one advert break to be hooked on this show luckily I remember it starting from season one, so we didn't miss much at all. So we made a point to be there on the couch with a cuppa and watch Gilmore Girls together. We did watch them all and it was fun. It was mother and daughter spending a couple of hours a day together watching a TV show that captured the lives revolving around a mother and daughter.

'This thing we're doing here, You, Me, I'm In, I'm all in.' - Luke

We were rooting for Lorelai and Luke from the very beginning, anyone who wasn't is clearly sick. We had all the same hopes and encouragement for Rory like everyone else around her. We beat on our own drum along side Lane as she blossomed into an independent young woman. We cheered to Sookie and Jacksons growing love and family and finally we were torn between the parenting ways of Richard and Emily Gilmore. 

'I wanna be good, life's just not letting me.' - Jess

We learned first loves will always be important to us. We will sometimes fall for the bad boy and that it's ok to take a step back and have a break. We learned no matter your circumstances you must always follow your dreams and ambitions. We learned we have to be true to ourselves no matter how our friends or family want us to be, and we learned Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, oh I lost my train of thought. Coffee. Hahaha!

'People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.' - Logan



Yes, I was watching Gilmore Girls whilst writing this spontaneous post which nearly never happened, thank god for Netflix, right? 

Nick and I have re watched all seasons now I think at least twice, one time I was pregnant and I could do what ever I wanted. I think again I join a thousand others and more in the excitement for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life which will be released on Netflix on 25th November. So excited. I will not be missing that. So I will end here pulling myself away from Netflix to watch an episode.

X

Did you want to be a Gilmore Girl, just for one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment